Everyone keeps asking me how excited I am. I'd love to say "YES" in huge red capitals but at this point I'm so tired, so so tired, I can't actually believe I'm going. I feel like I have an excitement gene missing to tell you the truth. I never seem to get excited before I go. Once I'm on the plane - well that is an entirely different equation, however I think I just always have so much to do to prepare to go that I don't have time to get excited.
I am however getting closer I think. When I look back and think of all the things I've actually achieved in the last two weeks, yeah I'm ready. Not quite done enough to get that "OMG I'm going" thrill yet but that will come in the car on the way to the airport.
So between now and 6am Friday I have to:
- say goodbye to Miss Monroe who at 14 may not still be here when I get back in two years,
- make sure my PC is all packed away and safe,
- find something to do with my backup (off site remember!!),
- show the house sitters the gold coast (that will be fun at least),
- get to the shopping centre and get my passport copies certified,
- get new passport photo's done (eewwww),
- buy all those last minute things for the house (dog biccies, washing powder blah blah blah...)
- sort out my non functioning backup phone,
- try to find some kind of micro sim to standard sim adapter
- and about a million other things.
But: who cares in 48 hours I'm leaving on a jet plane. For two years. Woohoo - maybe I'm a bit excited!!